The MKE 600 from Sennheiser is a shotgun microphone designed for use with a camcorder or video DSLR. Building on the company’s extensive expertise in designing shotgun microphones, it is able to take on even the toughest video sound challenges, while still being compact and short relative to previous models. With its high level of directivity, the microphone focuses on the sounds in front of the camera, while attenuating unwanted sound coming from the sides and rear.
An included foam windshield reduces the effect of wind noise, while a switchable low-cut filter adds additional wind and handling noise attenuation. The MKE 600 can be phantom powered or operated on an AA battery for about 150 hours. An integrated camera shoe and shock mount provides convenient on camera mounting. The rugged and all metal housing means the microphone will function perfectly in outdoor recording situations.
- Flexible use on any camera due to compact form
- Exceptional directivity
- Maximum rejection of side noise
- Switchable low-cut filter
- Phantom or battery powering
- Battery switch with “Low Batt” indicator
- All-metal housing
- Very good suppression of structure-borne noise
- Minimizes wind and handling noise
- Supplied with foam windshield and shock mount
- Effective wind noise suppression with optional blimp