The matte black SKM 183 MT Stereo Matched Microphone Pair from Neumann is a kit containing a stereo matched pair of the KM 183 microphones. The microphones feature omnidirectional, pressure-condenser elements intended for live-sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The KM 180-series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high-output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal. The KM 183 is powered via +48V phantom power.
The stereo pair are matched in sensitivity and frequency response and provide optimum results when capturing performances or ambiance. The 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 183’s omnidirectional polar pattern provides a generous pickup area, and is suitable for ambiance or spot miking instruments such as piano, wind instruments, organ, and choir. The KM 183 handles sound-pressure levels up to 140 dB, allowing close miking of instruments high in transient-level (peak) response.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- The KM 183’s omnidirectional polar pattern offers a generous pickup area suitable for room ambiance capture as well as spot miking pianos, organs, wind instruments, and choir.
- KM 100-Based Output Stage
- The KM 183 features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and quiet balanced-output design ensure a clean, high-gain output signal without any coloration. The KM 183 is powered via +48V phantom power, and its 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 183 can handle sound-pressure levels up to 140 dB, allowing close miking of instruments.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining roadworthy.
- Black Matte Finish
- The black matte finish makes the microphone less conspicuous, thus making it a suitable microphone for television broadcast.